Lucille Ball - I married a loser

November 30, 2018



Hello my friends. how are you. I hope you are well. Today I want to talk to you about Lucille Ball. As I continue to follow Lucille’s career and life, I understand the amount of power this woman had. I really admire her. She was not only the first woman to run a huge company, but watching several interviews on youtube I understand that she fought a lot to achieve that she achieved. It is no accident that she was (and for me she is still) the queen of the comedy.

screen-shot-2014-10-18-at-8-46-49-pm

But in this post i’d like to talk about her relationship with DeSi. Reading Lucille’s biography  I realized she was very hurt and disappointed about her wedding with Desi. I can not understand why men have to hurt their wives that much. They had a fantastic family, a very successful company, and it destroyed them all. And I do not say it as a crazy fan but as a woman who has some knowledge of psychology and especially of children. I am a teacher and my diploma work was about divorce and how it affects children.I do not want to say much about this, because the subject is very important and heavy, but in my personal view it destroys the children’s psychology and needs special treatment to overcome difficulties.


It’s really interesting the way Lucy is talking about Desi in an interview. At first, i was really surprised to hear Lucy saying:I was a loser. I decided to watch it again and pay attention. And then i get it. In my opoinion, what she means by saying “I married a loser” is not what some people(including me at first) are thinking. She doesn’t mean that he was actually a loser ” but that, deep down, Desi had a subconscious need to “lose” everything that mattered.Maybe he had a feeling of not being good enough or that he didn’t deserve what he had. He really destroyed everything.

And with that, i want to make it clear that i don’t think it was only Desi’s fault. Was he a cheat? yes. Did he over drink? yes again, but i’m  also sure Lucy had her faults as well. It takes two to take a divorce and  its never only one persons fault, no matter the headlines. But If you see the video (you can chekc the interview here Lucy: I married a loser), you can see that she was really hurt. It’s very sad to hear the pain in her voice…. I’m not an expert and i didn’t know them personally, so, i’m going to stop right here.

I’d love to read what you all think about what Lucille said.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.